In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We all know, without the help of philosophy or ethics that we should, in normal circumstances, pay our debts and keep our promises.
- Such questions lie more properly within the realm of ethics and philosophy.
- They thought that fundamental principles of ethics could be seen to be true by the natural light of reason.
- Either way the technical difference between moral philosophy and ethics is so minimal as to be irrelevant.
- He has published more than a dozen articles, chiefly on ancient philosophy and ethics.
- Much more important were al-Tusi's contributions to philosophy and ethics.
- Can the scientific theories of Charles Darwin really contribute to our philosophical understanding of ethics?
- Surely they're old enough to learn about ethics and moral philosophy, tailored to their age.
- This is why they devote so much of their time to philosophy, theology and ethics.
- He also taught classes on ethics and ancient philosophy.
- Arnold Geulincx, a Flemish philosopher, produced a treatise on ethics along Cartesian lines in 1655.
- When it came to a philosophy of politics and ethics, again Archytas based his ideas on mathematical foundations.
- Like Marx, he developed not only a theory of economics, but a theory of history, philosophy, and ethics.
- The great theological battles are all built on the philosophical foundations of ethics.
- Within this context, philosophy and ethics still have a crucial role to play.
- From its beginning, ontology has always intimately related to ethics and politics.
2(morality)ética femininemedical/professional ethics — ética médica/profesional feminine
- In view of these new possibilities, science sees dogmatic ethics and the moral burdens of history as obstacles on the road to progress.
- It is right here that morals and ethics can and often do go out the door.
- Conflicting loyalties pose a problem for perioperative nurses dealing with the ethics of advocacy.
- I'm curious to know what your ethics committee and university thought of your proposal to do this work?
- Some of the new regulations currently in effect are aimed at raising the moral ethics of our people.
- Now the couple have been told the private clinic in England is willing to put their case to its ethics committee.
- The movie raises a lot of legitimate questions about the ethics and philosophical ramifications of cloning.
- I'm not saying that ethics committees that question research proposals are always being pedantic.
- Admittedly, many doctors fret about the ethics of sponsorship deals.
- The local research ethics committee approved our study.
- These questions are subjective and involve our personal and professional ethics and philosophies.
- Problems of both personal and company ethics are often a concern within the field of business, business management, marketing, international business and other areas taught within the School of Business.
- Our own ethics committee has an important role in guiding us.
- He also links to some info on a new study being done on the ethics and moral foundations of capitalism.
- Needless to say, careful review of all clinical trials by properly constituted ethics committees must continue.
- If they let this one slide by, it means that they have no morals and no ethics.
- Science cannot establish the dignity of human soul, nor can it promote ethics and morality in a society.
- The trial was approved by the four local ethics committees.
- An essential characteristic of a profession is the need for its members to abide by a code of ethics.
- Ethical approval was obtained from 11 local research ethics committees.
- The study was performed in accordance with the regulations laid down by the hospital's ethics committee.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.