In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This suggests that what we really need is a distinct approach to ethnography.
- First of all, let's not confuse ethnography with anthropology.
- This book represents good solid traditional ethnography.
- While I enjoyed the book as ethnography I remained unconvinced at the end by the author's argument.
- This very interesting paper cogently melds ethnography, history, and social analysis.
- I probably also thought that the drier and more academic my ethnography, the less likely the authorities were to object.
- Integrating more of her ethnography would have added depth to her analysis.
- Traditional ethnography assumed that informants knew what was going on in a delimited space.
- I will leave something so grand as the future of cultural anthropology to itself, and stick with the predicament of ethnography.
- He supported research not only in the natural sciences, but also in anthropology and ethnography.
- The way these stories are laid out adds to the sense of Goldstein's ethnography as a novel.
- It's a clever way to get at the topic, a kind of ethnography of teenage culture that doesn't feel like a documentary.
- Her ethnography is the result of more than a decade of fieldwork done in the 1990s in one of Rio's urban shantytown communities.
- This book is an important contribution to Melanesian ethnography and anthropology.
- Franks was one of the founders of the scientific study of ethnography and increased the Museum's collections in that area exponentially.
- We have so much yet to learn from anthropology and ethnography, cognitive psychology, and, yes, even graphic art.
- This is especially evident in central Australian ethnography.
- We cannot avoid thinking about the overlap between being a tourist and doing ethnography.
- The ethnography of the first part of the book, while a contribution in its own right, provides background for the second part.
- For instance, there is anthropology's trademark practice of ethnography which entails both fieldwork and writing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.