In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It may be less well known that ethylene is also produced naturally by bacteria and fungi.
- It has been demonstrated that ethylene is involved in this response.
- The role of ethylene in fruit development and maturation has been intensively studied.
- Different physiological stages of fruits were defined according to their ability to produce ethylene.
- The domestic demand for ethylene will also fall, which means the supply will be able to meet the demand.
- These observations confirm the importance of ethylene in initiating fruit ripening.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.