In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Any euphoria from that win had drained away long before the final results were announced about 2am.
- His euphoria illuminates every folky note, but you don't necessarily want to share the whole shebang.
- Even thinking about seeing it brings a feeling of euphoria so intense that I'm having to resist the urge to go and lie down.
- Of course, they put in one that when stimulated, made the rat experience feelings of euphoria.
- We are supposed to get a scalp-tingling rush of euphoria as the West Germans win big on the footballing field of dreams.
- The last issue is always a celebratory spoof, done in the spirit of end-of-year euphoria.
- Moments of euphoria are so often followed by gut-wrenching disappointments.
- What is inducing this euphoria that proclaims that all is right with my world?
- Whether the current euphoria and commitment lasts remains to be seen.
- The euphoria reached phenomenal levels when the kids got a chance to share the stage with their stars.
- Once the moment of euphoria had passed, would not life threaten to be as empty as the drained glass of celebratory champagne?
- The initial euphoria is fast getting buried under the unrealized expectations of the masses.
- This summer, with its release of public euphoria, will redefine the careers of those 12 players.
- And so any result achieved against the Glasgow clubs continues to be treated with euphoria.
- As the initial euphoria wore off, so did the interest of potential investors.
- If it wins you have to feel a very particular brand of euphoria.
- The euphoria gone, some are left with a sense of emptiness, of an adventure unfulfilled.
- After that initial euphoria, heroin causes an alternately wakeful and drowsy state.
- My partner got the paper and initially told me I wasn't there, but my disappointment soon turned to euphoria.
- What he is doing or thinking Last night's bender has induced a kind of euphoria.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.