In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I can immediately apply many of these eureka moments to my practise as a new media lecturer.
- I don't know that there will have been a eureka moment for string theory in the same way, so that there will be a specific time, but it could well be that some of the ideas of string theory.
- As he claimed descent from kings, the priesthood, under the threat of being put to the sword, no doubt, confirmed his rights to the throne of Persia, and eureka!
- I've always thought that people can achieve eureka moments by doodling.
- The technology made for some interesting eureka moments.
- While trying to put myself into her frame of mind, a sudden and unprovoked eureka moment came over me.
- A few minutes later, as his story goes, he glanced at his full bookshelf and eureka!
- Well, I had what they call a eureka moment at that time.
- That's handy because you never know when you'll be struck by a eureka moment.
- Robert discovers what happens when we have those eureka moments of original thought - and how to have more of them.
- As students began to understand the historical process and utilize it, questions were reflected in their eyes or discomfort in their body language and then, eureka!
- The novel thus can be alternately vague and eureka!
- ‘I think the eureka moment is a bit of a myth,’ he said.
- The samples were also chemically analyzed, and - eureka!
- It looks like the place to nail down a place in the social network where resource sharing and eureka moments follow.
- There's nothing like the eureka moment of discovering something that no one knew before.
- Then one day you have a eureka moment: two facts connect themselves in your mind in some way you've never thought of before.
- So I decided to visit the Imperial War Museum and was invited into the private reading room to research the books and, eureka!
- How many of you have read a blog that: crystallises lots of thoughts and questions and uneases that have been whirling round in your head, makes you think eureka!
- His suggestive techniques had begun to dethaw items that were permafrozen in my subconscious; a few such items bubbled up to the surface - eureka moments - much to my astonishment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.