In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But perhaps most architecturally visible, every Waldorf school centres on a theatre, a community centre where every pupil can learn to perform some music, a recitation, dance, drama, or the special Steiner practice of eurhythmy.
- Her interest in Steiner led Melissa to eurythmy, the art of movement and its therapeutic and educational benefits.
- Emile Jaques-Dalcroze, inventor of eurhythmics, definitely had the right idea here.
- But Kasai has also studied modern dance, classical ballet and eurythmy, and very consciously welcomes external influences into the butoh tradition.
- Illness is disharmony and treatment may include not only medicine but also art therapy (painting, modeling, music, singing and creative speech), eurythmy, and counseling.
- In the 1910s, Emile Jaques-Dalcroze taught eurhythmics to the locals here; there was theatre, music and dance, too.
- There are several schools in Germany, Holland, Switzerland, Russia, France and England teaching eurythmy in a variety of styles.
- At a very early age, Finkelstein was introduced to piano, Dalcroze eurythmics, and ballet.
- This ballet mixes elements of folk dance from the Balkans with eurhythmics in order to tell the story of the beautiful Yana, her fiancé Momchil and the Dragon.
- Numerous sessions by outstanding presenters are sure to stimulate your thinking and revitalize your teaching, with topics ranging from composition, biofeedback, eurhythmics, chamber music and diversity.
- Jaques-Dalcroze called his system ‘rhythmic gymnastics', although it is popularly known as eurythmics.
- Although the authors warn teachers not to use the games as a formula and to be more experimental, a game each week could become so rewarding that eurhythmics may appear throughout the lesson.
- Students majoring in martial arts roles go through a strict training, involving acrobatics and eurythmics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.