In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1eurodiputado masculineeurodiputada feminine
- One of the Labour Euro-MPs for Yorkshire and Humberside, he dropped a euro coin into a slot alongside a slot for £1 coins, and merrily pushed the trolley along the aisles.
- A recommendation to the party's autumn conference will suggest that all MSPs, MPs, and Euro-MPs, should donate £250 per month to central party coffers.
- Tory Euro-MPs yesterday launched a two-pronged drive to persuade the European Union to hold its own investigation.
- Its 3 Euro-MPs have made not a ripple on politics over the last 5 years.
- The 105-strong convention brings together national government ministers, Euro-MPs and academics and is due to deliver plans for a constitutional treaty in the summer.
- The Yorkshire Euro-MP who has been the Tories' top man in Europe for the last four years is battling to keep his job, it was revealed last night.
- In European states many of the leading national politicians have also served as Euro-MPs.
- Today he travels to Brussels to see Tory Euro-MPs and meet health experts from across the European Union.
- A YORKSHIRE Euro-MP has claimed Bradford Council has done nothing for Saltaire village since it won World Heritage Status a year ago.
- British Euro-MPs were furious last night after the European Commission said it was powerless to intervene to stop asylum seekers illegally entering Britain through the Channel Tunnel.
- Immediately after the hearing many Euro-MPs had come up to him to congratulate him on his performance - including several left-wing parliamentarians, but he is not naming names.
- The Government's handling of the foot-and-mouth crisis traumatised farmers and broke animal welfare laws, according to a report to be adopted by Euro-MPs today.
- The Euro-MP has pledged to continue his fight for a European approach to the issue.
- While Harper was elected before any Greens in England, they have notched up three members of the London Assembly, three mayors, two Euro-MPs and hundreds of councillors.
- The competition is open to councillors and Euro-MPs as well as MPs and members of the Scottish and Welsh assemblies.
- The move triggers months of wrangling over federalism, the powers of Euro-MPs and a possible European Constitution - with nothing excluded from a debate in which the Internet will be used to encourage contributions from the public.
- In fact, some Yorkshire Euro-MPs are even privately predicting that the participation level for the region's voters could hit the heady heights of 40 per cent.
- Everyone - whether voting for local councillors or for Euro-MPs - will have to vote by post.
- Business leaders in Yorkshire reacted angrily last night after Euro-MPs voted to scrap Britain's opt-out of the 48-hour working week.
- But Euro-MPs in Strasbourg voted down plans to introduce performance scoreboards charting the record of airlines on delays, overbooking and even lost luggage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.