In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Eurostar masculine trademark
- All of the 27 Eurostars which operate regularly on the international services are being refurbished over the next year at a cost of just under £1 million each.
- The Eurostar's London to the south coast high-speed link is not expected to be complete until 2007.
- Mr Brown said only two high-speed services were planned for the line: Eurostar and the fast commuter links from Kent to London.
- Modern Railways award for innovation in marketing: Eurostar, for new high speed services.
- Even barbarians from London can board the Eurostar at Waterloo and emerge, blinking in the sunlight, seven hours later.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.