In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1eurozona femininezona euro feminine
- Sweden's continued exclusion from the eurozone is bound to come into sharp focus.
- Or else they will borrow the money in France, Germany or anywhere else in the eurozone.
- The fact that we are in the eurozone reveals the bald economic facts to our continental visitors.
- However, 2002 is expected to bring better news for the eurozone as the economic factors begin to shift.
- The eurozone is being hit hardest as the currency has weakened against the dollar, he says.
- Most banks have produced guides for customers wishing to send money abroad within the eurozone.
- Fuelled by the highest inflation rate in the eurozone, workers have been demanding higher wages.
- Despite having the highest inflation rate in the eurozone, we are not alone in experiencing a rise.
- Aggregate trends in the eurozone indicate that member state finances are deteriorating.
- The bank said the current rates would help ease the risks it foresaw in the economic recovery of the eurozone.
- This is the wrong way round, since the US is growing much more quickly than the stagnant eurozone.
- Suggesting that Irish inflation may have a knock-on effect on the eurozone is fatuous and absurd.
- The decision came amid worries about the economy in the 12-nation eurozone.
- The only upside of the economic slowdown is the chance that inflation will fall further across the eurozone.
- The eurozone slowed dramatically, and output has barely picked up this year.
- We believe an economic recovery in the eurozone may lag the US recovery by at least six months.
- It came amid signs of a slowdown in the tentative economic recovery in the 12-nation eurozone.
- The eurozone has grown more slowly than the US in three out of four years since the single currency's launch.
- The eurozone's largest economy is in recession and looks likely to chalk up its fourth year of sub-par growth.
- Ireland continues to glow on the back of the eurozone's low interest rates and loose fiscal policy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.