In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This separation has not resulted in moral desensitisation of assisted suicide and euthanasia.
- Forty per cent of the doctors said they had been asked by patients to assist in their suicide or in euthanasia.
- It would be involuntary, active euthanasia if the patient were not consulted and her wishes were not known.
- At the end of the lifespan, one way that the body may be killed or that natural death may be hastened is through euthanasia.
- Once the disease reaches this stage, euthanasia or mercy killing is the only recourse.
- Early on, he and his family began to talk gently about the possibility of euthanasia.
- Critics of this decision will say that it represents a further step towards the legal recognition of euthanasia.
- Dispel any ideas of choice this title conveys: euthanasia cannot be selected like a pub or restaurant.
- How can euthanasia be murder if a person just wants to slip away with dignity and wants to end their suffering?
- Legalising voluntary euthanasia will be one step nearer having a truly civilised society.
- To do otherwise, they claim, would be tantamount to active euthanasia, and this they see as morally wrong.
- This role was not excluded but fell outside the criteria of care for euthanasia.
- The subject of euthanasia is a complex one, it is one which no politician or medical expert should make.
- This was the reason for his resolute opposition to stem cell research, abortion and euthanasia.
- It was not a step towards euthanasia or suicide, which remain illegal.
- Are there any parallels between euthanasia in animals and the discussions about euthanasia in humans?
- An estimated 3600 cases of voluntary euthanasia are carried out each year in the Netherlands.
- This would increase medical involvement and might be considered as moving towards euthanasia.
- He explained that this is why the association supports training doctors to understand euthanasia.
- The message for everyone is that the debate about euthanasia must be continued.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.