In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1evangelizarpredicar el Evangelio
- As time went on, however, the church began baptizing infants and then sought to evangelize them over time so that they would experience conversion.
- We grow relationships in the church not to evangelise people, not to drag them in the church, but just because we want to.
- In an age of globalization, renouncing the right to evangelize foreigners ultimately means renouncing the right to evangelize our next-door neighbors and even our own grandchildren.
- Obviously you don't evangelise cultures, you evangelise people within a culture.
- The congregation and parents have no desire to use this letter for a more aggressive approach to evangelize Jews.
- He observes that because of Catholics' racial prejudice, the Church failed even to evangelize the former slaves, much less contribute to their assimilation into American society.
- The pervasive modernism of the last few centuries has, tragically, dampened the ardor of Christians for evangelizing the Jews.
- The fastest-growing Alliance churches are Chinese, especially among newly arrived Chinese Christians evangelizing their own people.
- So then, the nineteenth century witnessed the rise of modern missions as first a trickle and then large numbers of European Christian ministers traveled to the continent to evangelize the indigenous people.
- This novel technique enables Christians to freely evangelize Jews by distancing themselves from their Christian forbears.
- I'm not saying that I think his approach would work, no, but if rigorously followed it might lead to more productive discussions than usually arise from efforts to evangelize the heathens.
- As a result the Catholic church has officially stopped evangelising the Jews.
- Even though the last words of this sentence imply that the Gentile church has an obligation to evangelize the Jews, its pro-Jewish sentiment is obvious.
- Jesus wants to teach all of us to evangelize our friends and family just as effectively as he evangelized his first followers.
- Further, the council called on the entire church to evangelize the modern world through renewal of the laity's role.
- Another thing that must be noted in these chapters in Acts was the fact that Paul was in no way going out to evangelise the heathen who had no contact with the good news.
- The hope would be that they'll go out in teams evangelising other young people.
- Previous Christian attempts to evangelize Muslims in India had met with disappointment.
- Others like Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya Yemen and Saudi Arabia have firmly resisted attempts to evangelise their people.
- In some parts of the world member churches of the Communion have been (to some extent) spared the trouble of party politics because they were evangelized by missionaries with a strong affiliation with one party.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.