In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1clase nocturna feminineclase vespertina feminine
- It started as an evening class held once a week by the Workers Education Association.
- There she saw teenage girl servants learning their alphabet at an evening class after a 12-hour day cleaning and washing.
- The American actor took an evening class in right-wing political theory, became the governor of California and ended up in the White House.
- The year after leaving university I started a Spanish evening class: it felt strange not having a structured programme of learning.
- There's a 2pm lesson at the school down the road, an evening class to arrange, homework to be done.
- He hopes to join an evening class in basic plumbing.
- The victim went to confront the youths after they started harassing students walking to the evening class he was running at the Church of God of Prophecy in Lynwood Road on Tuesday last week.
- Some days later, I was on my way to teach at an evening class when the news of the crash appeared on a placard.
- She has also started to attend an evening class at Bolton Community College's Manchester Road centre.
- A group of students taking an evening class in a church in Tooting had to lock themselves inside the hall after being terrorised by a gang of youths on Tuesday night.
- Kent Adult Education's Spanish evening class will be held at the Discovery Centre, in Southfleet Road, Swanscombe.
- Tracey, a medical secretary at York Hospital, is passionate about hats but never dreamt of making one until she saw an ad for a millenary evening class at York College.
- Some of the women had constructed elaborate stories, or had contingency plans organized, to explain their nightly absences ranging from a nightly baby-sitting job to attending an evening class.
- Perhaps go to an evening class which is related to work and will help you get a promotion.
- He once taught me at an evening class, when I was doing a diploma in philosophy, and it has remained one of the most profound educational experiences of my life.
- This could be anything from an Open University degree course, or an evening class, to church ministry or charity work with the poor street people.
- A pottery evening class will be held at Gravesend Adult Education Centre, Darnley Road, Gravesend, on Tuesdays at 7.30 pm from November 4.
- Her mother was a dress-maker and, while still at secondary school, she took an evening class in dress design.
- From good manners stems opportunity, she says, whether the person involved is a rehabilitated offender on Re-Start, or a schoolchild attending her evening class.
- She must have just got back from classes, or hasn't left for her evening class yet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.