In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Whatever discipline you compete in, whether it's showing, show jumping, dressage or eventing, it's important that you both look your best.
- The Minister also announced that eventing, dressage and some other equestrian activities will be permitted to resume in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Riders compete for Olympic medals in three different categories: dressage, showjumping and three-day eventing.
- They compete on a weekly basis in showjumping, eventing, dressage and showing, with a string of appearances on the national and international circuits, Olympia and the Horse of the Year Show under their accomplished equestrian belts.
- Without question, cross-country is the heart of the sport of eventing.
- It should come as no surprise that eventing, the sport which combines elements of most of the others, has a style which combines that of many of the others.
- His farming enterprises are a herd of suckler cows and horses, which compete in the equestrian sport of eventing up to and including international level.
- Ultimately the therapist's aim is to achieve a supple musculature allowing the horse to work in comfort and balance, whether that be in racing, showjumping, eventing, endurance riding, polo or dressage.
- Many horses discovered and bought at Millstreet went on to compete at the top level in show jumping and eventing in many parts of the world.
- Basically it's control and movement and can be very beneficial to showjumping, eventing and racing.
- Whether your sport is dressage, eventing, or jumping, your foal will have to want to learn and want to work.
- Martin, who has won many titles in eventing, showjumping and dressage, decided to completely re-evaluate the saddle and approached experts in veterinary medicine and horseriding while researching the project.
- Many of the Far North Coast's most accomplished riders will be on hand to show off their skills in the disciplines of showjumping, eventing and dressage.
- There is evidence that males are more likely to win at show jumping, dressage and eventing and in the top 100 sport horses only 19-20 in the ranking are females.
- The programme is lottery funded through Sport England to support the country's most gifted up and coming riders in the disciplines of dressage, Paralympic dressage, eventing and show jumping.
- A shortened format and a desperately ill-judged course have made the Olympic Games something other than the greatest test in the sport of eventing.
- Before then, all competitors rode expensive thoroughbreds more used to the refined atmosphere of eventing or the showjumping ring.
- Three-day eventing includes showjumping, dressage and the cross country section, which is said to have the highest risk factor.
- Thousands of horses compete at racetracks and at showjumping, eventing, dressage, carriage driving, long distance riding, pony and leisure events.
- Well now, Australians have been very successful internationally I think in show jumping and three-day eventing especially the rough and tumble part of the cross-country.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.