In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(tenant/squatter) desahuciar(tenant/squatter) desalojar
- Magistrates also ordered that he be evicted and imposed an injunction to keep him away from her for a year.
- At present, landlords cannot evict tenants who are willing to pay prevailing market rates.
- York council has demonstrated its resolve to evict nuisance tenants.
- Our landlord tried to evict us three days before Christmas because he wanted more money.
- While evicting the tenants would increase the landlords income, it would cause hardship on the tenants.
- The order enabled the police to evict any tenants and board up the property.
- He has just taken over the property that I live in and is evicting me with less than a month's notice.
- Landlords will retain the power to evict tenants who display anti-social behaviour.
- The landlord wins a stack of cash and the right to evict his tenant.
- Remember that your landlord can't evict you unless the Régie du logement says he's allowed.
- I have now received a letter from the council evicting me from my property.
- It would, for example, prevent a landlord from evicting a widow from an apartment on the grounds that she was not the ‘registered’ tenant.
- If he is evicted and made homeless he is bound to commit suicide, for which the council will be squarely responsible.
- In some cases, workers were evicted from their homes to make way for new property development.
- The decision to evict a member must be made in accordance with the by-laws established by the membership.
- Soon the association was strong enough to boycott local landlords who were evicting their tenants and offering the land to others at increased rents.
- However, the law will also allow landlords to evict tenants much faster.
- Why does he not come straight out and say that he wants all landlords to evict every tenant who might be accused of upsetting the next door neighbour.
- After evicting her, the landlord started renovations in hopes of raising the rent for the next tenant.
- Some landlords are also evicting people without so much as an appearance in court, in violation of due process.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.