In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1exmarido masculineex masculine informal
- I have an American email friend whose ex-husband used to drive the half mile to church.
- She has a 5-year-old son with ex-husband Phil Bronstein.
- For years she tried to shield the girls from her own feelings of anger towards her ex-husband.
- Now, her ex-husband has reportedly told investigators she did use performance-enhancing drugs.
- Plus, your ex-husband must pay interest on the delinquent child support payments.
- Top of my first list of ' ideal matches ' was my ex-husband!
- The first random schmuck to get snuffed happened to be Claudette's ex-husband, out in a car with their daughter.
- At the train station, she bumps into her ex-husband Bruno, Viktor's father, by chance.
- My ex-husband has been living with a woman for six years.
- Diana made the tape and kept the letters as ammunition she could use against her ex-husband.
- Margaret Smith was an MSP and mother of two children with an ex-husband and a successful political career.
- She had to balance her life-threatening situation with the pending child custody case with her ex-husband.
- Donna's ex-husband, Steve, has remarried to Julie.
- Further complicating matters is Faunia's ex-husband Farley, a psychotic Vietnam veteran.
- One of our church member's ex-husband recently died.
- Now, obviously, people are aware that your ex-husband, Donald, is also a developer there.
- Just moments earlier, after hearing shots in the kibbutz, she had placed a call to her ex-husband, Avi.
- The fellow she describes is very much like my ex husband.
- Last month, Rachel announced her plans to sue her ex-husband Rod for the staggering sum of £ 35m.
- So I was impressed the other day by what I heard about Camilla's ex-husband.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.