In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1expresidente masculineexpresidenta feminineexpresidente masculine
- Mr Evans hopes the now ex-president will visit Westbury.
- Earlier the ex-president appeared at a police station near his home here.
- Rahman had been a senior member of the Jamiat e-Islami party, led by ex-president Burhanuddin Rabbani.
- The Human Rights new investigation will be based on the results of trials carried out during the regime of ex-president Suharto.
- There's even a love story embedded in the ex-president's historical prose.
- The ex-presidents were appointed by President Bush to head up a fund-raising effort for the region, where nearly 175,000 people were killed.
- There's nothing wrong with tradition, says ex-president Liu, who came from the sales side.
- Even in less partisan times than these, friendships between ex-presidents from opposite sides of the aisle are very rare.
- Yet no one disputed the ex-president's fundamental premise.
- Every ex-president has a library where the papers from his time in office are stored.
- The interview runs under the heading "Our worst ex-president."
- Lobbying foreign governments to subvert the diplomatic efforts of a sitting president is something ex-presidents simply do not do.
- Jimmy Carter, a living Democratic ex-president, wasn't even invited.
- On the night of 15 September 1972, the ex-president of Uganda, Milton Obote, planned an invasion to oust Idi Amin.
- An ex-president of the Soviet Union has frequently come out against the use of nuclear weapons.
- A sitting president can, however, veto the release of an ex-president's papers.
- A Labour ex-president gets airlifted to a prime spot every time.
- This is looking to be a long week of non-stop deceased ex-president tributes.
- Famously his deeds out of office earned him the tribute that he was a better ex-president than an incumbent.
- Parliament decided last week to allocate the equivalent of 60 per cent of the current president's salary to Bulgaria's ex-presidents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.