In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(problem) exasperanteshe can be so exasperating! — ¡a veces lo saca a uno de quicio!
- A boxer's exuberance can sometimes be exasperating.
- The most profound meditation only leads to an exasperating sense of impotence.
- There have been sessions that have been exasperating for us all.
- Singh's affairs with his putter, in all its guises, have been exasperating.
- John (who may or may not be from Cincinnati) is by turns mysterious and exasperating.
- Instead of thinking he is insane, she thinks he is exasperating.
- Personally, I find the meta conspiracy approach a bit exasperating.
- The film is at its most exasperating in detailing the tragic story of Eduardo "El Chino" Hernandez.
- From the beginning, they had serious differences of opinions that caused exasperating conflict.
- I find certain aspects of my other half to be exasperating.
- It is in fact an exasperating type of motion picture.
- Nancy could sometimes be the most exasperating of creatures.
- Education, then, becomes an exasperating game of constant catchup.
- I've got to say, this is the most exasperating interview I've ever had.
- He was competitive, outspoken, a loner often exasperating to those who did not see things his way.
- It was an exasperating experience of continually losing my place.
- Together, they build up a vivid picture of cricket's most exasperating sons.
- The determination to never speak ill can be exasperating for a reporter.
- Penelope purposefully marched into the throng of suitors, looking for the familiar and somewhat exasperating figure.
- For small-company executives, the "procedural roadblocks" that Hoppe describes are exasperating.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.