In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(problem) exasperanteshe can be so exasperating! — ¡a veces lo saca a uno de quicio!
- Penelope purposefully marched into the throng of suitors, looking for the familiar and somewhat exasperating figure.
- A boxer's exuberance can sometimes be exasperating.
- Nancy could sometimes be the most exasperating of creatures.
- Singh's affairs with his putter, in all its guises, have been exasperating.
- It is in fact an exasperating type of motion picture.
- The film is at its most exasperating in detailing the tragic story of Eduardo "El Chino" Hernandez.
- Instead of thinking he is insane, she thinks he is exasperating.
- From the beginning, they had serious differences of opinions that caused exasperating conflict.
- He was competitive, outspoken, a loner often exasperating to those who did not see things his way.
- There have been sessions that have been exasperating for us all.
- The most profound meditation only leads to an exasperating sense of impotence.
- Together, they build up a vivid picture of cricket's most exasperating sons.
- John (who may or may not be from Cincinnati) is by turns mysterious and exasperating.
- The determination to never speak ill can be exasperating for a reporter.
- Personally, I find the meta conspiracy approach a bit exasperating.
- Education, then, becomes an exasperating game of constant catchup.
- I've got to say, this is the most exasperating interview I've ever had.
- It was an exasperating experience of continually losing my place.
- For small-company executives, the "procedural roadblocks" that Hoppe describes are exasperating.
- I find certain aspects of my other half to be exasperating.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.