In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- After earlier survey and excavation, the cist was relocated this summer.
- British archaeologist who pioneered the application of stratigraphic excavation in the Near East.
- Earlier this month, English Heritage visited Urswick and asked for a more detailed survey and excavation of the site to be carried out.
- He did a lot for archaeology: he was the father of scientific excavation.
- The sites around West Drayton and Acton will see new excavation to address problems of their dating.
- It is an aspect of excavation and construction that you cannot afford to ignore.
- Details on his archaeological excavations on early Maine sites can be found here.
- There are important implications revealed from archaeological excavations of these sites.
- These questions can only be answered through the careful archaeological excavation of the site.
- Because of this he felt that excavation should be undertaken only under proper archaeological supervision.
- Several are regularly involved with excavation under the supervision of experienced archaeologists.
- Consistent excavation and sampling methods were employed throughout these units.
- The amount of scientific work that occurs on site, during excavation, is unprecedented.
- The archaeological excavation uncovered what was once a thriving church community.
- The excavation has shown the archaeological enclosure to be already disturbed through modern activity.
- The road needs to be re-routed to facilitate the full excavation of the Woodstown site and surrounding areas.
- No one has ever carried out a systematic survey or excavation on the wreck site or indeed the mutineer settlement.
- The only way to address the many unanswered questions on this site has been through a new campaign of excavation.
- After nearly two decades of excavation, the Carranque Archaeological Park is now open to the public.
- The initial phase of the archaeological excavation at Woodstown has just been completed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.