In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1exceso de equipaje masculine
- For years, they have routinely and repeatedly ignored and violated airline rules on excess baggage and baggage weight.
- Two goalkeeper kits and one packet of 14 stick bags was not allowed by Aeroflot, saying that it was excess baggage of 86 kg, for which the cost would be US $1000.
- I was quite immune to any kind of corruption, mainly because the gifts I was offered by foreign delegates when I went overseas were generally not worth paying excess baggage on.
- At check-in, our bags were 23 kg over the limit but the check-in staff didn't consider this a problem and didn't raise the issue of paying for excess baggage.
- That rare win over England means that the Scots will fly to Dublin with such optimism that they are in danger of being charged excess baggage.
- If I was flying today, the airline would have to charge me excess baggage for the bags under my eyes.
- That expense was compounded when the eight GB internationals were charged a four-figure sum for excess baggage on their return flight.
- He said: ‘When we go abroad for a race I'm the one who sorts out all the arrangements and turns up at the airport with four bikes and tries and get them on the plane without paying excess baggage.’
- We finally reached agreement over what was acceptable in my carry-on bag and the charge for excess baggage.
- This means that one airline may grant a special concession as a matter of policy, but if you are travelling on more than one airline, there are no guarantees that you will not be charged for excess baggage on your next connecting flight.
- Of course on checking in my friend was told that he had excess baggage; the allowance was 27 Kilos and he had 37 Kilos - did he not check his ticket?
- Right, I'm off to weigh the merits of excess baggage and storage at left luggage in Heathrow while I gad about Italy versus shipping a heap of stuff to myself by air freight.
- For golf equipment up to 15 kg, and over the 20 kg allowance, the passenger is charged 6kg in excess baggage.
- Was it the fact that we were charged as a group 130 Euros for excess baggage on the way home, even though we had the same gear?
- All around the group of intrepid travellers were heaps of boxes and luggage, an enormous 300 kg of excess baggage.
- And that because our airport authorities dared to insist that he pay additional charges for excess baggage.
- Malaysian Airlines had allowed Teresa 30 kg excess baggage after she told them several days before her return flight that Jeff had died and she had to return with his cases as well as her own.
- A Houston man charged more than $4000 by Air France for excess baggage is suing the carrier in U.S. federal court, the Houston Chronicle reports.
- If we are to be charged for excess baggage or for some dutiable items, we are always prepared to pay the charges that are due and not what is not due.
- All luggage falling outside the scope will be treated as stand-by excess baggage and will be forwarded in seven days of the passenger's flight at a rate of $US 55.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.