In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Conducting oral history interviews can be both exhilarating and exhausting.
- The whole buying/moving process has been much more mentally exhausting for her.
- Honestly, this constant social intercourse is just exhausting.
- Moreover, the constant battles are a little exhausting.
- It is exhausting climbing into the cockpit, which in the Louisiana sub-tropical humidity is like a heated oven.
- For a dancer, holding difficult dance poses all day long can be exhausting.
- Sitting still in a make-up chair for four hours can be surprisingly exhausting.
- Classroom instruction, role-playing, uniform fitting, testing - it was all quite exhausting.
- In retrospect, the hunting expedition was not even physically exhausting.
- I share your insomnia problems and they are so exhausting.
- It was exhausting travelling along the lines, especially with tickets in our pockets.
- This all makes for a record that will surely be exhausting for people who aren't into instrumental confrontation.
- Dealing with infertility can become emotionally and financially exhausting.
- However, the rigors of the flight from Los Angeles to Bogota had proved too exhausting.
- Her private life is nothing short of exhausting to observe.
- At times, remaining patient during the slow build-out of that infrastructure was exhausting.
- The concentration required to stay in character, remember lines, and follow the blocking can be exhausting.
- I can assure you our jobs are a lot more strenuous and mentally exhausting than you would ever consider.
- Bedtime is sometimes fulfilling, but more often exhausting and aggravating.
- The trouble with chasing Federer is that it is exhausting.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.