In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1exiguotheir exiguous resources — sus exiguos recursos
- A lot of the fun of reading these papers is seeing how an exiguous collection of commitments plays out in so many different domains.
- My, you gave me an exiguous amount of time to answer that!
- So the charge made for the accommodation during her lifetime was the nominal charge referable to her exiguous state retirement pension.
- Even the clouds glimpsed in crevices between buildings above Wall Street are sliced into exiguous triangles.
- Given these exiguous resources, Faulkner's political achievements down to the end of 1973 were not inconsiderable.
- The second one is that the relatively exiguous constraints on some obnoxious weapons are useless when an occupying power decides that it is at war with a population.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.