In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(being)existencia femininethis is the only copy still in existence — este es el único ejemplar existente
- how long has the company been in existence? — ¿cuánto tiempo hace que se fundó la compañía?
- to come into existence — crearse
- to go out of existence — dejar de existir
- She stares at me like I'm the stupidest human being in existence.
- The orcas in question are already on the endangered list in Canada - and, in fact, there are only 80 in existence.
- I was so stunned to know he acknowledged my mere existence.
- What we discovered was truly frightening and made us question our own existence in this strange, strange world.
- Despite the fact that the club has only been in existence for a short time, both teams acquitted themselves well.
- In fact, there's only one other similar document in existence.
- I was unaware of its existence at the time I wrote my text.
- He had found that an atheist is one who denies the existence of God.
- Your brother, Matthew, does not know of your existence at this time.
- Whatever their limitations - and there are many - the passions are a prerequisite of everyday human existence.
- In fact, this arrangement may be the only one in existence anywhere in the United States.
- Although 0% credit cards haven't actually been in existence for that long it's hard to remember a time before them!
- It's one of the few publications in existence that is actually eminently more readable on the Net than it is on paper.
- In fact, its existence was barely acknowledged.
- He has always written songs with a message and can claim to have been preaching the green gospel long before the Green Party came into existence.
- Heralded the most valuable natural object in existence, on a weight to weight basis, experts believe that the diamond is the only one of its kind.
- Secular humanists are basically atheists who deny the very existence of a personal living God.
- He was called away from temporal existence on November 12.
- Selfhood, life and mere existence are meaningless if not suffused with this life-giving force.
- I want to enjoy my existence on this earth, be happy and make merry.
2(life)vida feminineexistencia femininewhat an existence! — ¡qué vida!
- People here live a hand-to-mouth existence, picking through the trash for something of value.
- In a frequently harsh, small-scale subsistence existence, people were all too aware of nature and her awesome powers.
- After living on a commune, he and his wife moved to Burlington, joining so many other back-to-the-landers looking to flee their harried urban existences.
- Enlisting Crumb's help, he writes a series that chronicles his mundane, day-to-day existence.
- I believe it is to enable us to lead a civilised domestic life where we can conduct a sociable existence while at the same time providing hospitality for our friends and family.
- People living a hand-to-mouth existence are turning to ' buy-back stores' to get their hands on ready money.
- The reward for the risk taken pays rent, feeds children, and supports a subsistence level existence.
- In their daily lives Americans, and not only those living in smaller communities, lead an impoverished existence.
- Yet they lead a tough existence, working very hard, barely eking out a living under frequently demeaning circumstances.
- Muddling along and having panic attacks a year or two before your child has to attend secondary school or university is not conducive to a stress-free existence.
- No doubt, the number of survivors eking out a precarious existence must far exceed the death toll.
- This album is entirely a product of living and coping with a city existence.
- However, surviving on minimal water resources could result in farmers having to lead a precarious existence, depending heavily on seasonal rains.
- No matter how you tried to live a stress-free existence, always there would be something to get you all riled up.
- Freedom from physical threats and safe living conditions are the foundations of a dignified existence just as much as civic and human rights.
- Most of the people live a subsistence existence, obtaining a living from growing rice, goats, poultry or fishing.
- No matter how people try to maintain a normal existence, there is an underlying hysteria waiting to rear its pulsating head.
- Such an existence would be indescribably chaotic, no underlying reason or logic behind anything.
- An odd sort of surrealness has glazed over the events of the past two weeks as I continue my relatively peaceful existence on my college campus.
- The fact that we would have to eke out a miserable existence as rural farmers has not occurred to them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.