In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The media plays an important part in reinstating this existent prejudice.
- It manages to touch us by tapping into our already existent ideas about what goes on inside the dugouts and clubhouses of most major league squads.
- ‘They wanted a systematic book that compared with the already existent Greek and Hebrew versions,’ says Shaw.
- These theories raise the empirical and existent pluralism to the rank of a fundamental pluralistic program.
- The Liberal Party currently holds nine of the 12 existent South Australian seats, while the other three are in Labor hands.
- The problem of child labour still remains even though all of these policies are existent.
- A conservative practice would be to prorate the interest charges for the entire year, as if the debt had been existent for the entire year.
- Maybe this wealth is not falling entirely into the hands of the proletariat, but more of it is than with any other historically existent system.
- The conditions of this potentiality are acknowledged to be existent in the present, and to be potential greatly enhanced in the future under different conditions.
- Incorporation of any such existent data would surely bias our analysis.
- The majority of the remaining papers either use or modify existent quantitative methods to characterize plant community data.
- Though they were existent in the seventies and eighties, an estimated 5000 cults in the United States hunger for our youth, worship, and money.
- But, then, what becomes of the claim that existence and being existent are two kinds of being?
- Supposing the trial judge, contrary to the then existent practice in New South Wales, had refused the prisoner the right to make a statement from the dock.
- As all taxes eventually come out of rent, the economic rental value is what is left after the existent taxes have been extracted from the economy.
- What is essentially existent or good is the cause of what has existence or goodness by participation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.