In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Plans also include a physical plant addition and sprinkler upgrade to the existing building.
- The Health Committee heard very strong evidence that police do use the existing law.
- Instead, an enterprise would consume services from an existing network of available services.
- In order to be useful, this technology must work with existing network infrastructure.
- The Coalition has pledged to overhaul the current system and even scrap existing plans.
- The push for growth or reform comes when existing approaches no longer meet all the practical needs of those affected.
- Which hardly seems fair since they never offered it to an existing customer like me at a new rate.
- This regulation has been designed essentially to safeguard existing rail services and customers.
- The law that was just passed, however, goes an important step beyond the previously existing rules.
- Perhaps best of all, the existing distribution infrastructure can be used for bio-diesel.
- They feel already existing structures need not be replaced.
- Second, I welcome confirmation of the serious inadequacies of the existing electoral system.
- All three expressed their delight at the news and had fought hard to retain the existing system.
- I've found the best method of marketing is to work your existing customers.
- You don't need house arrest - you just need the political will to actually enforce the existing law.
- We think it is necessary to smash the presently existing state.
- Military and nuclear preparations add to the existing political hostility.
- One can't simply install the operating system on an existing machine, pop in a couple of peripherals and go.
- He said the company did not want to alienate its existing customer base by pursuing a younger market.
- New hires must meet these provisions immediately, while existing staff have several years to comply.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.