In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1encuesta a boca de urna feminine Latin Americaencuesta en boca de urna feminine Latin Americaencuesta de salida feminine Central America Mexicosondeo a pie de urna masculine Spain
- In the exit poll on Election Day, people were asked, what's the single biggest issue in how you decided your vote?
- On election night, the BBC and ITV produced a combined exit poll based on the voting intentions of 16,000 people.
- Then the first exit poll suggested Labour's huge majority had been cut from 161 seats to 66.
- Smaller groups and independents were likely to get the remaining 100 to 120 seats, the exit poll predicted.
- I became skeptical about such survey findings after filling out an exit poll after I voted in Manhattan on Tuesday morning.
- The primacy of the exit poll has been established.
- The latest exit poll suggests that Schroeder's SDP may actually get more seats than the Christian Democrats.
- Anyone who thinks there is any moral equivalence between funding an exit poll and poisoning a political opponent needs their head examined.
- Now, what happened yesterday was the exit poll during the day did warn of a very close election and it specifically warned that Florida was going to be close.
- You don't need an exit poll to know the incumbent picked up at least two votes this morning in Houston.
- This is a national exit poll conducted in 267 voting centers throughout the country.
- The exit poll on which this is all apparently based asked voters which of the following seven issues was the most important.
- Instead, there will be a queue of voters, many of whom will actually vote only later, after the time window for the exit poll has closed.
- The exit poll was conducted among a sample of 11,135 voters in some 209 voting stations.
- Last year an election was held at which reporters for the school's newspaper conducted an exit poll that found a majority of grad students voted to unionize.
- He believes there were more problems with the voting than with the exit poll.
- The BBC exit poll is predicting a 66 seat Labour majority.
- I mean, last elections, the exit poll results were up in the middle of the afternoon.
- The main difference between a poll taken the day before an election and a poll taken as people exit the voting booth is that the exit poll is probably more accurate.
- A key exit poll in the Netherlands suggests voters have firmly rejected the European Union constitution.
encuesta que se efectúa a la salida de los lugares de votación
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.