In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Nevertheless, this unique observing technique opens a new phase in the exploration of exoplanets, or extrasolar planets, say astronomers.
- When astronomers study all those exoplanets and the systems they inhabit, it is natural to look to our own solar system as a template for other planetary systems.
- Many of these exoplanets are large planets that resemble the gas giants of our solar system: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
- The possible exoplanet is orbiting a star known as GQ Lup, thought to be similar to our own Sun, when it was younger.
- Could it be an exoplanet in orbit around that young brown dwarf object at a projected distance of about 8,250 million km?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.