In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Time is of the essence and a board meeting was held yesterday in an attempt to expedite the process.
- Apart from expediting the corporatisation process in the film industry, it needs to nurture a habit of ploughing back earnings, he said.
- Asked whether the issue of expediting the peace process was discussed, he said India favoured a sustained and steady process.
- That process was expedited with the help of the veteran crew chief.
- Foreign aid can also have a role, but mainly only to expedite this growth once it starts.
- This comprehensive understanding is often the best defense in maintaining skin integrity, controlling costs, and expediting the healing process.
- Cross-party negotiations were more relevant in expediting the legislative process.
- Late last month, Washington rejected Ottawa's request that the determination process be expedited.
- It really is one further part in the process of reform and of expediting the development of our land transport system in New Zealand.
- To expedite the process, you must know what you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend.
- This intimate knowledge expedites the decision-making process and ultimately saves time and money.
- Make sure you have his social-security number so that you can expedite the filing process.
- The Ministry of Transportation says it wants to encourage everyone to use the pre-paid ticket books, because this expedites the toll-paying process.
- The 2008 Games are simply expediting development and giving a sharp focus to development programmes.
- From extracting gold powder from riverbeds by using mercury to the open-pit mining, man has come long way in refining and expediting the process of extraction.
- To expedite this process, we have compiled a list of authoritative Web site resources on these subjects.
- The company also emphasized the importance of foreign capital, entrepreneurship, and technology in expediting the development process.
- In turn, this should improve the success rate for new styles and expedite the product development process.
- Welcoming the judgment, it said it would liaise with all the relevant institutions to expedite the process.
- As a result, the demand for advanced military technology expedited the development of defense production.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.