In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuenta de gastos de representación femininebefore noun expense-account lunch — comida que corre a cargo de la compañía
- What has saved him so far are his back-benchers, made compliant with a large salary, an expense account, and an index-linked pension when they get the heave-ho.
- You'll have an expense account and the ability to rent out any part of the complex for special occasions, he explained.
- The first thing he wanted to know was, was I on an expense account.
- The state House has a secret database showing how lawmakers spend expense account money for travel, lodging, office expenses and publications.
- He had a fat pay cheque, a generous pension to come, a company BMW and an expense account.
- I find it difficult to present to my boss an expense account with the tip included.
- Suddenly, he had a staff and an office and an expense account, and he could hire his friends, as well as artists and writers he'd long admired.
- This special prosecutor keeps calling me up wanting my expense account records.
- He paid for it out of his expense account - which he shouldn't have done.
- It's generally not worth it unless you are a time-pressed business traveler on an expense account.
- For instance, if I want to pay for some business-related books, I would debit my savings account and credit an expense account for books.
- I order the steak dinner when I'm on my expense account for work.
- For many of these hotels the businessman with an expense account is their bread and butter.
- The newspaper sent a letter on May 22 to 39 state House members asking to review receipts for their expense account spending from last year.
- Indeed, many of our survey respondents indicated they like getting something for nothing, even if they are traveling on an expense account.
- Recently, in the dead of night, our legislators doubled their office expense account, even though many have no office expenses.
- A demanding standard of financial honesty is expected of politicians, and even small-scale tax evasion or misuse of an expense account can lead to removal from office.
- I can pay you $25,000, plus travel expenses and a reasonable expense account beyond that.
- Do not order the most expensive thing on the menu just because you think this is a corporate expense account, or don't know any better.
- The publisher had a huge expense account, especially for business trips.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.