In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1experimento masculinean experiment in communal living — un experimento de vida en común / comunidad
- as an experiment — como experimento
- by way of experiment — como experimento
- to learn by experiment — aprender experimentando
- We test white mice and worms in labs and we do experiments on sheep and monkeys.
- Scientists with experiments on the remaining three Maxus modules were equally positive.
- Carry out tests or experiments on these deductions in order not to prove them but to refute them.
- Having formulated their hypothesis, they conduct rigorous experiments to test it.
- Now, let's review the results of an experiment designed to test this hypothesis.
- Interestingly enough, such individuals were also hostile to scientific experiments on animals as well.
- We are currently conducting the necessary experiments to test this hypothesis.
- The role of starch reserves in tolerance to anaerobiosis has also been demonstrated in experiments on rhizomes of some wetland species.
- People should place more reliance on animal studies than lab-based experiments on cells, he says.
- In a series of experiments on dogs he removed their kidneys and transplanted one back.
- Government scientists later used the mine for experiments on seismic detection of underground explosions.
- However, other experiments on sugar maple did not confirm these observations.
- It is one of seven scientific experiments on board the craft.
- Scientists run experiments on physical evidence and draw conclusions based on their results.
- This was discovered after an experiment by the famous scientist, Sir Isaac Newton.
- We relate our results to our own data from empirical studies and experiments on the species.
- His observations and experiments certainly demonstrate scientific method.
- On August 26 he returned to his laboratory in New Jersey, and the following day began his experiments on his electric light bulb.
- The investigators first discovered trehalose during experiments on a faulty protein involved in HD.
- Such pauses and jumps have been observed in recent experiments on DNA unzipping.
1to experiment on sth/sb — experimentar / hacer experimentos con algo/algn
- to experiment with sth — experimentar / hacer experimentos con algo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.