In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1experimentalin the experimental stages — en la fase experimental
- Recently, researchers combined strontium with ranelic acid to produce the experimental drug.
- Once in orbit, the experimental craft will wait four days before extending its solar sails, and will use this time to take pictures of Earth.
- Meanwhile, the experimental products will be tried in real repair projects.
- He is about to take part in a trial of an experimental American drug in the hope he can buy more time.
- It hopes to start clinical trials on its first experimental drug around the middle of next year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.