In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1perito masculineperita feminine
- An FBI expert witness testified that there was enough plastic explosive hidden in his shoes to blow a large hole in the airplane.
- Once I worked on a case where we had retained an expert witness who was a retired cop to testify about security.
- He's also a forensic psychiatrist - one of those guys who testifies as an expert witness in court trials.
- He frequently consults for museums and acts as an expert witness at trials.
- For reasons already given, I do not regard the evidence of either expert witness to be of primary assistance on this point.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.