In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Static lung compliance was measured by an interrupter technique during a relaxed expiration from total lung capacity.
- Ranging from full inspiration to full expiration, lung densities more than double.
- Examiners compared observed systolic pressure between inspiration and expiration, and subtracted the two values.
- It is generally held that during breathing at rest expiration is a mainly ‘passive’ process, although some activity in expiratory muscles may maintain the outflow of air.
- When listening to normal respiration, inspiration composes approximately one-third of the respiratory cycle and expiration the remaining two-thirds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.