In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1excedente de exportación masculine
- Each year, the continent generates an export surplus of approximately five million tons.
- Unlike the preceding twenty-six years, during which export revenues were used to pay for imports, in 1997 and 1998 countries needed an export surplus to finance capital flight.
- During these years, it was imperative that India generated an export surplus with the rest of the world in order to pay her sterling obligations.
- The Chinese run an export surplus with the US, receive reserve assets in exchange, and then allow domestic credit to increase on the base these provide.
- A lower net export surplus cut two-tenths of a percentage point off growth, the first such subtraction in two years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.