- Adams couldn't find his exposure meter in his hurry to make the shot before the sun set behind him.
- If the window is smaller or farther away, switch to a spot-metering exposure mode in which the camera's exposure meter reads only a tiny area in the center of the frame.
- You see, the exposure meter built in to your camera is trying to ‘average out’ the light levels that are coming through the lens.
- If built-in exposure meters are as omniscient and sophisticated as camera manufacturers claim, why do people still get poorly exposed pictures?
- Photocells are also useful as exposure meters for cameras in which case the current in the tube would be measured directly on a sensitive meter.