In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Globally, diversity naturally has increased over time, though the great mass extinctions have decreased it for a while.
- Regardless of the variables he plugged in, the presence of human hunters triggered mass extinctions.
- Some explanations for extinctions and evolution include strikes by asteroids or comets.
- Are we headed for mass extinctions for animal, bird and plant life?
- Note that several Cambrian and early Ordovician mass extinctions are not shown here.
- During these ice ages, the decrease in global temperature led to mass extinctions.
- Each event includes one or more datum points when extinctions and other biotic changes took place.
- Global mass extinctions are usually explained by one or more physico-chemical causes.
- We have more difficulty with the concept of mass extinctions.
- Scientists are sharply divided over what caused the extinction.
- But how do mass extinctions perturb these systems in the first place?
- Unlike previous mass extinctions this current episode is due to the disruptive activities of just one species, man.
- Prominent biologists say we're on par with the five previous mass extinctions in the history of life on earth.
- I recall hearing some scientist mention that mass extinctions seem to occur in very ordered cycles.
- The result will be a series of mass extinctions and a dramatic fall in the planet's biodiversity, as well as its ability to support humankind.
- Marine fossil evidence tells of numerous extinctions, global mass extinction, and geochemical events.
- He downplayed the importance of developmental constraints, of mass extinctions, and species selection.
- There have been five major mass extinctions and more than 20 minor mass extinctions.
- There have been at least five mass extinctions till now, all by natural forces.
- We're facing critical mass extinctions across a whole variety of ecosystems once the two degree level has been crossed, from coral reefs to rainforests.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.