In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A ban on school sports and other extra-curricular activities last week led to thousands of students streaming out of schools, many holding roadside demonstrations to demand that the government meet the teachers' demands.
- The programme is a part both of the curriculum elective courses and of the extra-curricular activities of the students, for which they receive grades.
- To this end, many schools put an emphasis on sporting and other extra-curricular activities to make school fun, rather than a burden.
- And in addition, he says, the shift in the timetable will give youngsters more time to take advantage of sporting and extra-curricular activities at the school, as well as pursue other interests out of school.
- This is a thriving school offering a very rounded education as it includes many extra-curricular activities aimed at developing the whole person.
- I dropped out after two weeks when I realized I'd burnt out on extra-curricular activities in high school and couldn't bring myself to care anymore.
- A ban on school sports and extra-curricular activities remained in place.
- In the summertime, the bases hire college students from the United States to oversee extra-curricular activities for children.
- Students will also get more time to study as well as for extra-curricular activities.
- The award scheme is proving very popular amongst the pupils and after the success of the hike on Sunday will no doubt remain a popular extra-curricular activity at the school.
- Apart from regular studies, the children also learn various extra-curricular activities like painting, vocal and instrumental music and classical dance.
- Monitoring of pupils at all levels is exceptionally effective while pastoral care and extra-curricular activities, including music and sport, were also praised.
- Studies could include maths, English, science, a language, a humanities subject, some vocational study plus extra-curricular activities to be introduced in 2010.
- Gone are the days when competitions were an extra-curricular activity in colleges.
- The school also boasted achievements in sports and other extra-curricular activities.
- He said that it also damaged the extent to which schools were prepared to engage in extra-curricular activities, such as debating, sport or drama because exams become the be all and end all.
- In addition to her extra-curricular activities at school, she is the president of the Dawson Community Group Conferencing Society and was a founding board member of the Dawson City Arts Society.
- The extra hours will be used to give children under 14 breakfast and offer extra-curricular activities, including homework clubs, sport, drama groups and visits to museums and galleries.
- He believes the move would spark a decline in school sport and other extra-curricular activities.
- It could also reflect extra-curricular activities such as voluntary work and sport.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.