In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(athletics/football game) entre equipos de distintos colegios
- In the process the children were being deprived of a facility for their extramural activities.
- The principles of academic freedom do not apply to extramural conduct.
- Moreover, a 2.0 average allows the student to enter college preparatory courses and access extramural activities such as sports.
- Or, they should strike so as to affect only extramural activities.
- Akani runs a feeding scheme and provides after school care with extramural activities such as sport, arts and drama, as well as trauma counselling when needed.
2School University(course) de extensión(student) externo(student) libre
- He was disappointed to hear that there were fewer opportunities for archaeology to thrive through extramural classes and continuing education.
- The newer civic universities were also soon heavily involved in the work, later developing departments of extramural studies.
- I cracked open my extramural course material today, flicked through some pages, and promptly freaked out.
- At 12, he began extramural studies with Massey University, graduating three years later with a degree in mathematics and computer science.
- Can I say to the member opposite that correspondence teaching is essentially what the university in his own area is a specialist in - extramural teaching in a wide range of courses is exactly what it does.
3US(outside institution)extramural medical care — asistencia sanitaria que se presta fuera de la consulta, el hospital etc
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.