In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Employees, suppliers, customers, and partners communicate - every day and in real time - via intranets and extranets.
- Increased Internet use, mobile computing, intranets and extranets, and e-commerce initiatives are integral to business communications.
- Imagine an advanced call control service that users can configure right on their PCs or build into their corporate intranets or extranets.
- The proliferation of Web-based content on corporate intranets, extranets and Web pages has provided a daunting array of challenges.
- Email, intranets, and extranets can move information across borders, around established bottlenecks, and over chains of command - so that complaints, suggestions, and alternatives get a hearing inside the company.
- But we've found a handful of cutting-edge entrepreneurs who are using intranets and extranets to transform their business strategies, in most cases by helping their companies forge new relationships.
- What is new is the scope and scale of the application of rich metadata to a much wider variety of content objects - intranets, extranets and even the Web.
- This holds true for an intranet, an extranet, or a public Web site.
- Then there are Web sites, extranets, intranets, and other ways of passing information, be they messages or digital objects like a Powerpoint slide show, a PDF, or a piece of media.
- The increasing use of extranets - the granting of non-employees and business partners secure access to internal networks - which have become a ‘must have’ requirement of conducting business.
- The company develops and adapts the software for companies to multiple environments including internet, intranets, extranets, wireless and text messaging.
- And while three quarters of leather tanners have a Web site and use email, the use of intranets, electronic data interchange and extranets is rare.
- The core business application of 3G is provision of ubiquitous access to corporate intranets and extranets.
- This includes Web portal access tools provided by database vendors for intranet, extranet or Internet access.
- The company also implements intranets and secure extranets as well as internet-based applications.
- Document management solutions now incorporate elements of content management, a more robust database, more sophisticated access control, workflow processes, and access via the internet, intranet or extranet.
- But that began to change as Clemmons' team started bringing customers onto the secure extranet and giving them access to the self-help application.
- In many cases, a company's intranet, extranet, or Internet initiatives already serve as the primary vehicle for delivering critical information to customers, partners, employees, and investors.
- Publishing Web services outside of the enterprise will allow partners and even customers to consume the information/functionality and use it on their extranets / intranets.
- One of the biggest areas of investment was in company extranets to enable B2B transactions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.