In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In addition, the pilot may assist in the deployment and retrieval of satellites using the remote manipulator system, in extravehicular activities, and in other payload operations.
- Two projects focus on advanced technologies for extravehicular activity.
- That's where astronauts practice extravehicular activities, more commonly known as spacewalks.
- We are currently hiring suitable candidates for extravehicular repair work for an upcoming mission to the International Space Station.
- Besides logging more than 259 hours in space, he has more than 14 hours of extravehicular activity, or spacewalking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.