In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- No other country possesses so many laws against right-wing extremism as Germany.
- That is why we need less extremism and pulling other people down for political gain in Government.
- Otherwise their anger and frustration can lead to religious extremism.
- The fanatics turn to extremism, which has really no basis in the true religion at all.
- To deny certain levels of anti-social behaviour invites absolute extremism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.