In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He and his family have been the target of repeated violent attacks by animal rights extremists.
- They blamed extremists bent on damaging democracy and western civilisation.
- That's not to say that all, or even most, of their adherents are violent extremists.
- That goes for right-wing extremists as much as for the left-wing ones who coined the phrase.
- Since the government only encourages this view, the extremist parties gain more votes.
- The men were said to be viewed by extremists as having sold out their people.
- He was hunted down by right-wing extremists and assassinated two years later.
- The sooner we send extremists of all political parties packing, the better!
- What has driven the people of Europe's most stable country into the hands of political extremists?
- To refrain from acting in any of these cases would have been to hand a veto to violent extremists.
- The hard thing to do on this side is not to be an extremist, and we will manage our extremism.
- Of course animal rights and environmental extremists see Luers as a victim due to his long sentence.
- Which extremist broadcaster aired these messages of death to the nation?
- You can vote for moderation or you can let the extremists win wherever they are.
- We pay a price when we silence our extremists; we also pay a price when we give them voice.
- Just look at France for what happens when everyone but the extremists gives up and stays at home.
- Opinion polls give Conservative and rightwing extremist parties a clear lead.
- Unlike previous wars, our enemy now is a stateless network of religious extremists.
- Are violent extremist groups and supra-national security networks the new big men on campus?
- I've been amusing myself with the idea of militant liberalism or liberal extremists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.