In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The sooner we send extremists of all political parties packing, the better!
- Opinion polls give Conservative and rightwing extremist parties a clear lead.
- The hard thing to do on this side is not to be an extremist, and we will manage our extremism.
- He and his family have been the target of repeated violent attacks by animal rights extremists.
- Since the government only encourages this view, the extremist parties gain more votes.
- That's not to say that all, or even most, of their adherents are violent extremists.
- Unlike previous wars, our enemy now is a stateless network of religious extremists.
- They blamed extremists bent on damaging democracy and western civilisation.
- You can vote for moderation or you can let the extremists win wherever they are.
- Are violent extremist groups and supra-national security networks the new big men on campus?
- Just look at France for what happens when everyone but the extremists gives up and stays at home.
- I've been amusing myself with the idea of militant liberalism or liberal extremists.
- To refrain from acting in any of these cases would have been to hand a veto to violent extremists.
- The men were said to be viewed by extremists as having sold out their people.
- Of course animal rights and environmental extremists see Luers as a victim due to his long sentence.
- What has driven the people of Europe's most stable country into the hands of political extremists?
- Which extremist broadcaster aired these messages of death to the nation?
- He was hunted down by right-wing extremists and assassinated two years later.
- We pay a price when we silence our extremists; we also pay a price when we give them voice.
- That goes for right-wing extremists as much as for the left-wing ones who coined the phrase.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.