In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Opinion polls give Conservative and rightwing extremist parties a clear lead.
- Since the government only encourages this view, the extremist parties gain more votes.
- The hard thing to do on this side is not to be an extremist, and we will manage our extremism.
- You can vote for moderation or you can let the extremists win wherever they are.
- To refrain from acting in any of these cases would have been to hand a veto to violent extremists.
- That goes for right-wing extremists as much as for the left-wing ones who coined the phrase.
- Unlike previous wars, our enemy now is a stateless network of religious extremists.
- He and his family have been the target of repeated violent attacks by animal rights extremists.
- I've been amusing myself with the idea of militant liberalism or liberal extremists.
- The sooner we send extremists of all political parties packing, the better!
- Are violent extremist groups and supra-national security networks the new big men on campus?
- They blamed extremists bent on damaging democracy and western civilisation.
- Of course animal rights and environmental extremists see Luers as a victim due to his long sentence.
- He was hunted down by right-wing extremists and assassinated two years later.
- What has driven the people of Europe's most stable country into the hands of political extremists?
- We pay a price when we silence our extremists; we also pay a price when we give them voice.
- Which extremist broadcaster aired these messages of death to the nation?
- Just look at France for what happens when everyone but the extremists gives up and stays at home.
- That's not to say that all, or even most, of their adherents are violent extremists.
- The men were said to be viewed by extremists as having sold out their people.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.