In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fatiga visual femininevista cansada femininetoo much reading causes eye strain — leer mucho cansa la vista
- Among the health hazards at the office is eye strain, which can result from the glare of a computer terminal caused by the angle of the light source in an office.
- This isn't always a good thing since setting the contrast too high on your screen can cause eye strain.
- Stress, lack of sleep, eye strain or even hunger can trigger a nasty tension headache.
- His head ached from eye strain; the light was not good today, a dank, dark infusion of hovering clouds.
- The statement suggests that computer use should be objectively assessed for potential negative impacts, such as eye strain, repetitive stress injuries and obesity.
- Another source of eye strain may be the position of your computer monitor.
- She acknowledges that it can simply be harder to read long pieces online, noting the hassles of dial-up connections and the inevitable eye strain.
- A recent study has found that concentrating on difficult off-screen objects, such as the faces of loved ones, causes eye strain in computer scientists.
- The children suffered from eye strain, headaches, leg and shoulder pain, malaria, discoloration of hair, rotten teeth and dysentery.
- However, it is not a restful light source and can cause eye strain and headaches, partly because of the perpetual flicker.
- Side effects include eye strain, headache, fatigue, irritability and inability to sleep.
- I am 41 years old and work in a bank and experience blurred vision and eye strain after working for four to five hours.
- It's not just headaches, eye strain and backache.
- Why do some computer work-stations confer eye strain and muscle fatigue?
- Now, the simple fact of eye strain has become symptomatic of something deeper than just staring at a computer monitor.
- The sun's rays, either direct or bounced off the ground, affect the skin and can produce eye strain or temporarily impair vision.
- Addicts will also suffer medical conditions bought on by constantly being on the internet such as eye strain, back ache and sleep deprivation.
- At points during the course I suffered from a bit of eye strain as I raced through page after page.
- The company also claims that eye strain is replacing carpal tunnel syndrome as the major complaint of office workers.
- I got eye strain as a child because I would never go straight to sleep, but would read under the covers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.