In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ceja feminineeyebrow tweezers — pinzas de cejas feminine
- My right eyebrow has one white hair that grows about four times faster than the rest of my hair.
- He had short, straight blond hair and blond eyebrows - which may have been bleached.
- A vertical line ran down from just above his eyebrow to the bottom of his cheekbone.
- He's an ugly man with blond hair and blond eyebrows, thick lips and small hands.
- Yes, I have just had to pop out, only to come back with snow on my eyelashes and furrowed eyebrows.
- My antennae can smell, too, thin, blue cords above my silver eyebrows and blue eyelids.
- She needed three stitches above her eyebrow and now thinks glass bottles should be banned.
- People with exophthalmos are able to look upwards without moving their eyebrows.
- He had a chubby face, stubble, dark brown piercing eyes, dark eyebrows and short dark hair.
- You can test this by taking a small hammer and gently tapping your forehead just above the left eyebrow.
- It is said the Colonel used a little comb to train his eyebrows to grow in a dashing upward curve.
- He pointed to a scar above his right eye cutting a crooked path through his bushy eyebrow.
- All of her major organs were formed but she had no eyelashes, eyebrows or cartilage in her ears.
- Suddenly a burning pain seared through the centre of her forehead, just above her dark eyebrows.
- Opposite her sat a man, with dark hair and strong dark eyebrows, stubble around his lower face.
- Frontal sinusitis can cause pain above your eyebrows, and your forehead may be tender to touch.
- He had a killer bruise along his jaw-line, and a cut above his eyebrow had been stitched.
- The hair of the scalp, eyebrows, and eyelashes are of separate type and develop fairly early in life.
- He had a long dark brown mustache and bushy eyebrows, his dark blue shirt was tattered and torn.
- She had black shoulder-length hair with a heavy fringe, and a round face with bushy eyebrows.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.