In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1delineador (de ojos) masculine
- Blood red eye shadow and thick black eyeliner surrounded the crease of icy blue irises.
- He rubbed his eyes, which were smeared with faint lines of black eyeliner, and blinked at Alice as if in a daze.
- She had dark eye shadow with eyeliner that made her eyes look thin and really quite beautiful.
- Heavy eyeliner and mascara shadowed her dark brown eyes that were void of any emotion.
- Then I put a thin line of black eyeliner on my bottom lid and a flare on the top lid.
- My eyes were surrounded with black eye shadow and eyeliner, giving out a smoky effect.
- Besides her black lipstick, she also had on deep red eye shadow and black eyeliner.
- She is also wearing black eyeliner and purple eye shadow and purple tinted glossed lips.
- Black eyeliner and mascara was heavily put on, making her pale face look like she was dead.
- After putting a thin layer of brown eyeliner and black mascara, she was almost good to go.
- She picked up her black eyeliner and defined herself with two back lines under each eye.
- They glare at me from behind their blue eye shadow and black eyeliner and look me up and down.
- She had a pale face with just a hint of eye shadow on her lids and a very thin but very black line of eyeliner.
- Her vivid blue eyeshadow made her eyes pop out besides the fact that she had a thick line of eyeliner on.
- Her hair was up in a high ponytail and she had a little bit of black eye shadow and eyeliner on.
- She wears too much makeup and her black mascara and eyeliner smudges all over her face.
- I put on my blue army bandanna in the bathroom along with my mascara, eyeliner and lip-gloss.
- Her black eyeliner and mascara was running and she knew she looked horrible.
- She was wearing black mascara and eyeliner, her eye shadow was a light shell pink.
- If you want to get this look, apply basic black eyeliner in a thick line across your lashline, making a tail at the outer corner of your eye.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.