In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sombra de ojos feminine
- Then her eyes hadn't looked right, so she'd needed mascara and eyeshadow.
- Her eyes were heavily made up with black and grey eyeshadow, her skin was dead white, and her mouth was matte and black.
- She had lined my eyes and dusted some sparkly purple eyeshadow on my eyelids.
- She had violet eyes that were done up in heavy mascara and eyeshadow.
- I'm not stupid; I know that with blue eyes, pale skin and dark hair, I shouldn't wear really warm eyeshadow colours.
- She took out some foundation, lipstick, lipgloss, mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow and looked at my face for a minute.
- Blue eyeshadow painted her eyelids while dark ebony traced her closed eyes.
- She had used a light blush to make Mila's face pinker and a shimmery goldish-brown eyeshadow for her eyelids and dark, but not too dark, pink lipgloss for her mouth.
- A little mascara and a dash of silver eyeshadow, then a touch of shimmery lip gloss and a quick brush of face powder and she was done.
- I scrabble frantically for concealer and eyeliner, lip gloss and eyeshadow.
- After her sister complied, Rebecca twisted her brown hair up and clipped it against her head, dabbing on some lip-gloss and eyeshadow.
- His lips were smeared with black lipstick and heavy pink eyeshadow and glitter covered his eyelids.
- She went through it carefully and then picked out black eyeliner, a skin tone colored eyeshadow, and a light pink blush.
- I only bring out the blush, eyeshadow, and mascara on special occasions, or when I feel inspired!
- I just throw on some powder foundation, blush, tan shimmery eyeshadow, mascara and a neutral colored lipgloss.
- She put on black eyeliner, reddish eyeshadow, and black lipstick.
- Her look was completed with a touch of lip gloss and eyeshadow.
- I stood perfectly still while Lexie brushed on eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara.
- I was wearing silver eyeshadow, silver lip-gloss, and my nails were painted silver.
- For a shimmery, personalized lotion, crush bronzer or eyeshadow into fine particles and stir it into the lotion bottle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.