In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1crema para la cara feminine
- Women over 50 make up half the market for face cream.
- Also take sunglasses, hats, face cream, a water bottle and everything else you need for the tropical heat.
- Describing his wife's ordeal, he said: ‘It is the little things that are hard, like not being able to have a bath when you want to, not being able to eat what you want or put some face cream on.’
- So why did I paint my nails, put on three types of face cream, and spend over half an hour making sure that my daughter's hair was perfect?
- Take a selection of useful things like face cream and hand cream, throw in some stuff that will never get sold otherwise like your special limited edition hemp bikini-line waxer, package them in a pretty basket, mark-up by 5% and sell on.
- For instance, on one occasion Stella's crassness offends the child deeply (she nearly puts face cream all over Laurel's lovely picture of Mrs. Morrison), but Laurel forgives her and tenderly brushes her hair.
- Soon she was dispensing - for a price - pots of home-made face cream based on a centuries-old herbalist tradition used by Polish women to combat their own harsh climate.
- She considers herself ‘a neo-feminist - we can do both face cream and serious stuff’.
- As central heating and the resulting dry air take their toll, combat dry, flaky skin by swapping your daily face cream for a super-rich moisturiser.
- On top of the dresser were pill bottles, a brush tangled with long gray hairs, a china bowl filled with coins, a cut-glass vial of perfume, a jar of pungent face cream, and several silver-framed photographs.
- Generally the less strict labelling rules for non-food products do not mean allergic consumers are necessarily safe from things like peanut oil in face cream or egg in shampoo.
- I was accosted recently in Sheffield by a ‘researcher’ wanting to know what type of anti-wrinkle face cream I used.
- The glossy pamphlets are crammed with cosmetics, but this ritual has become less about racking up sales of lipstick and face cream and more about a hunt for people, specifically future sales representatives.
- I'll have to start all over again,’ she answered, furiously wiping face cream over the black smudges and smeared makeup.
- She's got her arms full of packages of fig newtons, containers of pitted dates, sunflower seeds, papaya juice, avocado face cream, aloe vera soap, and wheatgerm shampoo with matching conditioner.
- She'd just put on a bit of face cream and some lipstick.
- If we fill our heads up with thoughts of gorgeous face cream and colanders and duvets, we think less about things that genuinely matter.
- When the sealed container was opened two weeks ago, a sulphurous white paste was revealed, possibly face cream, and still bore the finger mark of the person who'd used it, 2,000 years ago.
- After shave, preshave, body lotion, body cream, face cream, fake tan, hair gel, you name it we had it in our bathroom.
- Its plan was to use the smell in soaps, face cream, stationery, leather goods and clothing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.