In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de belleza) mascarilla feminine
- It also makes a good face pack; my grandmother swore by it and was still beautiful at 99 complaining at being chased around the nursing home by a 70-year-old man!
- The shop also has face packs, amla power, henna power, honey (of Girijan co-operative society), all for rates that could be dubbed starkly cheap when compared to the exorbitant beauty parlour rates.
- My grandmother is 99 years old and has always used ‘egg whites’ as a face pack and she's still beautiful.
- We did the pictures in London, and while it was unusual to be standing there with a full face pack on I was still really pleased to have been given the contract.
- They all went home for a shower, a face pack and some light relief.
- Every few days, I have to soften up my feet, exfoliate and moisturise my whole body and find time for a face pack.
- While you are relaxing in this wonderful bath don't forget to use one of the face pack recipes that I have given you previously, this is an ideal opportunity for that quiet time.
- Blancmange face packs are an effective beauty treatment.
- Because we live in a tropical climate I think our skin needs cleaning more often and a face pack once a week or a fortnight can leave you feeling good and refreshed.
- If you have more time, take an aroma therapy oil rub on your body, get a facial followed by a beauty sleep leaving the face pack on.
- For a home-made tomato face pack, make a paste of tomato pulp with yoghurt.
- One can also pick up the herbs for mind power and hair care, herbal face pack, henna, shampoo and cream, biotone for weight reduction, cutex, sunny balm and much more.
- After massaging my face, neck and arms for what felt like a blissful half hour she applied a fruity strawberry and vanilla face pack, lip rescue balm and apricot eye pads.
- Treatment for dry skin - Apply face packs made from the yolk of an egg into which a few drops of lemon juice have been beaten.
- A face pack was applied and I lay there for several minutes caked in, er, stuff with soaked cotton wool on my eyes.
- I also spent a small fortune in Lush Soap, bath bars, bath bombs and chocolate face packs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.