In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pintura para la cara feminine
- The face paint will not reduce the natural sensing capabilities of the soldier, and is nearly odorless, and it will not cause any health hazards such as skin irritation or due to possible ingestion of material.
- A study published in the Archives of Ophthalmology showed that eye black grease, a form of face paint smeared on the cheekbones, does reduce glare and improve contrast sensitivity.
- In the Amazon, native Amerindians wear face paint and traditional tunics.
- By the end of the day the sun had melted their black face paint while old St Nick was the colour of fresh beetroot in his beard, long white gown, red cape and bishop's mitre.
- The Chief is one of the last remaining college team mascots modeled after Native Americans - the kind usually portrayed by white students wearing face paint and ‘traditional’ native costumes.
- In its own way, as we shall see later on, the Fogg portrait similarly touches on the role played by cosmetics in defining identity and posits analogies between oil paint and face paint.
- So we all dressed in rags and painted our faces with black face paint.
- Football players put black face paint under their eyes to deflect the sunlight, although one high school football player stated that he used it like ‘war paint.’
- In the seventeenth century, reprising themes from the long rhetorical tradition, Jean de La Bruyere and other writers had vilified face paint on the grounds that it was a vehicle of feminine deceit.
- He imagines face paint that would change colour to match your emotions, or skyscrapers that move up and down.
- ‘White face paint was fashionable in Roman times and normally derived its color from a lead compound,’ said Prof. Richard Evershed from Bristol University.
- She found some vampire teeth, white face paint, plastic witchy nails and hair gel.
- Make-up and face paint are better than wearing masks which can restrict breathing and/or vision.
- He bought a $12.99 wig, donned gray jeans and applied face paint he made out of baby powder.
- She had had his number painted on her face with red face paint.
- At one point Blake briefly sees what appears to be a female Native American in face paint.
- While I liked to consider myself above average - and I could stretch it to beautiful wearing the right clothes and face paint - well, wearing ordinary clothes and covered in dirt did not make me a stunning sight.
- The girls who wore bikini tops were also painted down with body and face paint all riding on the shoulder of boys and screaming into megaphones.
- Virgo sat up and rubbed his eyes, leaving a dark smudge of mascara and green face paint across his fingers.
- Men and women wore elaborate face paint and feather headdresses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.