In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(mission/delegation) de investigación(mission/delegation) investigador
- The programme reminded me of a conversation with one who was on a fact-finding committee some years ago with the aim of attracting the Games to Ireland.
- She was the first representative of an international human rights organisation to visit Gujarat on a fact-finding mission.
- We are desirous of joining a fact-finding mission to find out the root-cause of terrorist activities, and discuss its solution.
- In fact, the Court's exceptionally broad ruling removed fact-finding processes even from the Court's own debates.
- The team undertook a fact-finding mission to assess how violence had affected minority women.
- The analysts and political commentators say the tribunals are a fact-finding mission, but the reality is that they are glorified public trials.
- This would place considerable weight on fact-finding processes prior to sentencing.
- The next issue on her broad-ranging agenda is a fact-finding mission with a view to potentially tabling a bid for the 2012 Olympics for London.
- Seven years ago, I took a party of York schoolchildren to visit Odense in Denmark on a fact-finding mission for a new safe routes to schools project.
- We explore the fact-finding function of the Court a little later.
- The request follows an August fact-finding mission by the commission's Arizona State Advisory Committee.
- Amendments to the Criminal Procedure law in 1996 introduced adversary elements to the fact-finding process in criminal trials.
- They are on a fact-finding mission to gather all data, surveys and specialist reports to oppose the no smoking ban in Ireland.
- Once a fact-finding mission has been established and its chairman and members appointed, no persons should be added to the mission as members except to fill a vacancy in the mission.
- Leave your expectations behind and consider it all a fact-finding mission.
- But other missions said attendance was a routine part of fact-finding activities.
- They get a lot of people out on fact-finding missions and I think we can learn from that.
- She spent half a day in the facility on a fact-finding mission and in consultation with senior management at Oak Park.
- Most of them feel the fact-finding mission is a non-partisan issue.
- The Tuesday visit is part of a two-day fact-finding mission to Scotland on new and emerging technologies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.