In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(consideration, fact)factor masculinethe time factor — el factor tiempo
- the nuclear/unemployment factor — la cuestión nuclear/del desempleo
- Make no mistake about it, circumstance is a key factor in whether a player lives up to expectations in this league.
- Obesity is a risk factor in diabetes, heart disease, renal failure, joint problems and possibly cancer.
- While wet conditions have been cited as a contributing factor in the shaky landing, it's still too early to know what went wrong, said Armour.
- The National Safety Council says faulty vehicles are a contributory factor in just 1% of road accidents.
- From the point of conception onwards, parents are now viewed as a risk factor in their children's lives.
- The safety campaigners point out that speed is a contributory factor in more than 1,100 deaths on Britain's roads every year.
- Speed must have been a contributory factor in some or all the collisions on the stretch and at least 20 per cent of drivers on the road must exceed the speed limit.
- Timely administration is a key factor in achieving positive results with hyaluronidase.
- A strong dynamic relationship with neighbouring Derry is a contributory factor in the Donegal town's elevation to city status.
- Some scientists believe that a chronic shortage of dietary calcium is a contributing factor in developing osteoporosis.
- It is thought the bidders involved in the previous submission had built in a risk factor in case they lost money on the scheme, which meant the overall price went up.
- However, on hearing evidence and viewing a security video taken at the scene, she said the restraint used had been a contributory factor in his death.
- Similarly, family and friends of students have been considered an influential factor in choosing an agriculture major.
- The small sample size was obviously a confounding factor in interpreting the results.
- A key factor in the result was the large voter turnout, which ranged from 76 to 85 percent across the main electorates.
- She stresses that all mini-melon lines are the result of natural breeding and that genetics is probably the biggest factor in her results.
- What is the greatest factor in contributing to childhood obesity?
- School may not be the number one source of stress for everyone, but it certainly is a contributing factor in most cases.
- The excessive intake of food also puts a heavy burden on the pancreas and speeds the ageing process, which is a risk factor in diabetes.
- The result will be a factor in his decision making.
2Mathematicsfactor masculineaccidents have increased by a factor of ten — el número de accidentes se ha multiplicado por diez
- Multiply your X factor by 159 to reach a daily total of 2,067 calories a day.
- Take the maximum draw weight of the bow required and multiply this by a factor of 5.
- A number that only has two factors, one and itself, is called a prime number.
- The fraction 10/12 can be reduced, because both the numerator and denominator have factors of 2.
- Here, the change often seemed to be proportional to the molecular weight of the solute multiplied by a factor of two, three or four.
- So what about those Fibonacci numbers with no factors (apart from 1 and itself, of course)?
- The micropipette diameter was also measured, and the value multiplied by a factor of 0.92.
- A meter is the basic unit of length but shorter and longer units are obtained by multiplication by factors of ten.
3(for debts)factor masculinefactora feminine
- It is the factor who then receives payment from the importer.
- Usually notice is given to the account debtor and the debts are collected directly by the factor.
- These relationships among genes and transcription factors are the genetic regulatory network.
- Homeobox genes encode transcription factors involved in many aspects of developmental processes.
- These findings provide insights into how genomes and environmental factors interact to determine phenotypes.
- In hemostasis, there is a balance between procoagulant factors and natural anticoagulant proteins.
- However, it remains unclear what factors determine the rate of evolution of gene expression.
- In recent years literature is emerging on the role of different factors of blood coagulation in arterial thrombosis.
- These include a change in the balance between procoagulant and anticoagulant factors in the blood.
- Coagulation factors circulate as zymogens and platelet procoagulant surfaces are internalized.
- In related studies, the genetic factors determining the conformation of curd was analyzed.
- Supplying a blood coagulation factor through transfusion is the main treatment for the disease.
(measure of protection)factor masculinesun-protection factor 30 — protección solar factor 30 feminine
- The application of sunscreen with an SPF factor of 8 reduces production of vitamin D by 95%.
- For tropical sun exposure, a protection factor of 15 or higher should be more than adequate for all day exposure.
1hacer factoring de
- Of considerably more importance is that Scanchem is now factoring its invoices, and thus increasing its apparent borrowing, the outstanding amounts being secured by a charge on the book debts of the company, as is normal.
- Thus in block discounting and factoring the trader sells the debts due to him from his customers to his financier at a discount.
- They were however concerned that they might be factoring bogus invoices.
- It also includes other facilities with specific purposes such as leasing of fixed assets, factoring and invoice discounting.
- Consider factoring or invoice discounting - drawing down bank finance against your debtor balance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.